Sunday 8 December 2019

Korean Charcoal BBQ at Seo Gung ~ Damansara Uptown

I had a really bad day. No appetite during the day due to work stress and I was high strung in the morning (due to an important meeting) up till 4pm or so. I was so not in the mood to brave jams or go round in circles looking for parking.

My mood vastly improved after this meal.

Priced at RM33++ for an unlimited charcoal Korean BBQ buffet, this is as good as it's gonna get at that price.


Well-marinated meat and tender cuts, this bit really blew my mind as I didn't expect this meat quality at this price point. The plain unmarinated pork belly had no gamey smell and as for chicken, there were only boneless moist thighs.


8 side dishes plus a steamed egg, a kimchi jjigae, a Korean pancake and lettuce leaves are included and I dare say that the pancake is one of the better ones I've had, what more at a buffet. The side dishes are on the bland side but considering the well-seasoned meats, the blandness is welcomed. 

Service was also excellent. The waiters were attentive and changed our grill even before we needed to ask and were very polite. 

Though there aren't any ventilation exhausts, the restaurant is open air and sufficiently cool on a rainy night. You will smell like barbeque when you leave. Despite that, it was a very satisfying meal and I honestly can't ask for more.

---

Seo Gung Korean BBQ Restaurant
55, Jalan SS 21/1a, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
03-7733 2058
Opens for lunch 12 noon to 3 pm (Tues - Fri), dinner 5.30 pm - 11 pm daily,
12 noon to 11 pm on weekends.