Friday 29 November 2019

Sunday Roast at Gavel Coffee Kitchen & Craft Beers ~ Chow Kit, Kuala Lumpur


Came across Gavel on another food blogger's Instagram and the caption was 'best Sunday roast ever'. How great a temptation is that?



The Sunday roast at Gavel is RM60 per head and the meat alternates between roast beef and a roast lamb leg.


It was the roast lamb leg when we visited and I dare say it's the best roast lamb I've ever had. The meat was tender, flavorful (very herby and garlicky but that's fine), moist and very well done.


There was a good selection of starters, all delicious on their own but also good accompaniments to the meat - Yorkshire pudding, roasted potatoes, roasted vegetables, a lasagna, an artichoke salad, a caprese salad and a Caesar salad.


They do serve water here if that's what you'd like with your Sunday roast but I had a latte and it was smooth and strong, just the way I like it. 


The sweet potato latte was not bad but I'd like to stick to my coffee please. I've read that their craft beers are really popular as well, they'd probably be a good pair for a Sunday roast too mmm....

The Yorkshire pudding and roasted potatoes were crispy on the outside, just right in the middle. The roasted vegetables not overcooked - those caramelized carrots were oh so sweet!, the lasagna hearty and rich and the Caesar salad well-dressed. Not a fan of artichokes and tomatoes so I didn't taste any of those.


Service is warm and prompt. Food on the buffet line gets replenished really quickly as the cooks are staring right at it (they don't have a choice haha!) and warm items sit under a warm lamp or a heated stove. It's a small area so waiters usually spot you right away. I'd love to bring my parents here on another roast lamb leg day.

---

Gavel Coffee Kitchen Craft beers
20, Jalan Yap Ah Shak, 
Chow Kit, 50300 Kuala Lumpur
Opens daily from 9.30 am to 10 pm.